for 9 servings
- ½ white loaf bread
- 2 green bell peppers
- 3 red bell peppers
- 1 onion
- 1 lb flank steak
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 10 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Turn the loaf on its end, and cut a square out, leaving a ½-inch (1 cm) thick edge. Remove the center of the bread.
- Cut the hollowed bread piece into two and roll them down for compression.
- Slice the bell peppers.
- Cut the onions.
- Thinly slice the flank steak.
- Season the flank steak with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook the flank steak until browned on all sides, about 2 minutes. Remove the steak from the pan.
- Add the green peppers, red peppers, and onions, and cook until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Season the peppers and onions with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the hollowed bread piece into the bread box.
- Line the bread box with provolone on all five sides.
- Add the flank steak, green peppers, red peppers, onions, and cheese to the bread box.
- Seal the top with cheese and cover it with the second half of the hollowed bread.
- Place cheese on top of the box.
- Bake the cheesesteak box for 10 minutes.
- Take the cheesesteak box out and and place nine skewers sticks in the cheesebox.
- Slice the cheesesteak box into 9 cubes, forming 9 cheesesteak skewers.
Kitchen Craft World of Flavours Italian Stainless Steel 4 L Pasta Pot with Steamer Insert, 20 cm
Morphy Richards Equip 5 Piece Pan Set with 9 Piece Tool SetSelect options
Tefal Comfort Max Stainless Steel Frying Pan SetSelect options
Kitchen Utensils Set – 8 Piece Cooking Nonstick Silicone and Stainless Steel Utensils Kit for Pots and Pans – Serving Tongs, Spoon, Spatula Tools, Slotted Turner, Pasta Server, Ladle, Strainer, Whisk
£35.89Add to cart