for 9 servings
- ½ white loaf bread
- 2 green bell peppers
- 3 red bell peppers
- 1 onion
- 1 lb flank steak
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 10 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Turn the loaf on its end, and cut a square out, leaving a ½-inch (1 cm) thick edge. Remove the center of the bread.
- Cut the hollowed bread piece into two and roll them down for compression.
- Slice the bell peppers.
- Cut the onions.
- Thinly slice the flank steak.
- Season the flank steak with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook the flank steak until browned on all sides, about 2 minutes. Remove the steak from the pan.
- Add the green peppers, red peppers, and onions, and cook until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Season the peppers and onions with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the hollowed bread piece into the bread box.
- Line the bread box with provolone on all five sides.
- Add the flank steak, green peppers, red peppers, onions, and cheese to the bread box.
- Seal the top with cheese and cover it with the second half of the hollowed bread.
- Place cheese on top of the box.
- Bake the cheesesteak box for 10 minutes.
- Take the cheesesteak box out and and place nine skewers sticks in the cheesebox.
- Slice the cheesesteak box into 9 cubes, forming 9 cheesesteak skewers.
7PC MARBLE COATED ALUMINIUM NON STICK COOKWARE SET FRYING PAN SAUCEPAN GLASS LID£27.95 Select options
Amazing Cookware Natural Terracotta 17cm Round Dish
£5.97Add to cart
10pc New Measuring Spoons Set Kitchen Cups Baking Cooking Kitchen Plastic
£1.24Add to cart
Tefal Delight Cookware Set£20.00 – £64.25 Select options