for 10 servings
- 8 cups flour
- 8 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups water
- ¾ cup ghee, clarified butter or butter of choice
- oil, for frying
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt, and mix until fully incorporated.
- Slowly add the water until the mixture forms a dough.
- Divide the dough into roughly 12 loyas (balls), cover with a dish towel, and let rest for about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle each ball with flour and flatten or roll out into a circle roughly 5 inches (12-cm) in diameter.
- Spread ghee on each round and make a cut from the center out to the edge, then roll to make a cone.
- Press the peak and flatten the center of the cone. Let rest for another 30 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll each ball into a circle roughly 8 inches (20-cm) in diameter.
- Heat a tawah or flat frying pan over medium-high heat. Coat with oil and place a round of dough on the pan.
- Cook the dough until light brown, watching carefully, about 5 minutes. Then flip and cook on the other side, about 3-4 minutes more. Repeat with the remaining dough rounds.
- Break up the cooked roti with your hands or serve whole.
- Serve the fried roti with the fillings.
AmazonBasics Nonstick Cookware SetRead more
Emooqi Blow Torch Lighter Outdoor Windproof Cooking Torch Flame Lighter for Creme Brulee, BBQ, Grill, Candles, Stove, Cooking, Baking£11.95 Select options
GSW 800402 Milano Cooking Pot Set 4 Pieces Purple Aluminium, 24 cm, 7 Units£54.64 Add to cart
Tefal Essential Cookware Set – Black, 5 Pieces
£55.00Add to cart