for 10 servings
- 8 cups flour
- 8 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups water
- ¾ cup ghee, clarified butter or butter of choice
- oil, for frying
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt, and mix until fully incorporated.
- Slowly add the water until the mixture forms a dough.
- Divide the dough into roughly 12 loyas (balls), cover with a dish towel, and let rest for about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle each ball with flour and flatten or roll out into a circle roughly 5 inches (12-cm) in diameter.
- Spread ghee on each round and make a cut from the center out to the edge, then roll to make a cone.
- Press the peak and flatten the center of the cone. Let rest for another 30 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll each ball into a circle roughly 8 inches (20-cm) in diameter.
- Heat a tawah or flat frying pan over medium-high heat. Coat with oil and place a round of dough on the pan.
- Cook the dough until light brown, watching carefully, about 5 minutes. Then flip and cook on the other side, about 3-4 minutes more. Repeat with the remaining dough rounds.
- Break up the cooked roti with your hands or serve whole.
- Serve the fried roti with the fillings.
Tefal Bistro 5-Piece Cookware Set-PARENT£69.08 Select options
Induction Pot Set Sagan by K & G seit 1948 Stainless Steel Cookware Set with Glass Lids Suitable for Induction Hobs£49.90 – £59.90 Select options
Pyramid Pan Silicone baking Tray Cooking Mat Non Stick Fat Reducing Oven Shopmonk£3.37 Add to cart
IKEA 5-PIECE COOKWARE SET, STAINLESS STELL
£14.99Add to cart