Recipe Type: Breakfast
Guacamole-stuffed eggs are the perfect healthy appetizer recipe for an easy, yet impressive, potluck or party dish.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup prepared fresh tomato salsa
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Kosher salt & cracked black pepper to taste
- Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and cover the eggs with ice-cold water. Let stand in the water until cool enough to handle before peeling. Let cool to room temperature or refrigerate until cold.
- Meanwhile, mash avocado with salsa and lemon juice in a medium bowl until combined, but still a little chunky.
- Cut each egg in half; remove and discard yolks. Fill each half with about 2 teaspoons guacamole. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Calories: 73 Sugar: 0 g Sodium: 106 mg Fiber: 2 g Protein: 4 g Cholesterol: 0 mg