Frozen Chocolate-Covered Bananas
Recipe Type: Dessert
Kids will love dipping bananas in melted chocolate and rolling them in coconut to make this tasty frozen treat.
- 4 large ripe bananas, peeled and cut into thirds crosswise
- 3/4 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips, melted (see Tip)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Insert a popsicle stick into each piece of banana. Cover each piece with melted chocolate using a rubber spatula and sprinkle with coconut. (Reheat chocolate, as needed, to keep it melted.) Place the bananas on the baking sheet and freeze until frozen, about 2 hours.
- Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store airtight in the freezer for up to 1 week. | Equipment: 12 wooden popsicle sticks
- Tip: To melt chocolate, microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted. Or place chocolate in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir until melted.
Calories: 100 Sugar: 6g Sodium: 7 mg Fiber: 2 g Protein: 1 g Cholesterol: 4 mg