Sustainable destinations awards event will include Earth Award – the Planet is dying – what are we doing? – to be presented at the world’s biggest travel trade fair.
Building on the 2017 Top100 Sustainable Destinations list, the Top 100 Jury will present ‘Best of the Best’ Awards in seven categories to selected destinations.
Special categories will include nature; culture; adventure; cities and communities; the seaside and, naturally, best for the planet. There will be a special award – “The Earth Award – the Planet is dying – what are we doing?”
The event will be held on 7th March at 4pm in the Palais am Funkturm at ITB.
The Sustainable Destinations latest Top 100 was unveiled for the third year on World Tourism Day 2017. The listings celebrate the efforts of tourism destinations’ responsible and sustainable tourism initiatives.
Top100 Sustainable Destinations is supported by 20 international sustainable tourism organizations.
Riber One Person Sit In Kayak Deluxe – Extra Large Cockpit – Great for beginners – 310cm / 8.7ft Long – Available in Multiple Colours£309.00 Select options
Intex Explorer K2 Kayak – Yellow/Black
£169.99Add to cart
Paddle Leash – TWIN PACK – Fantastic Value- Perfect for Kayaking Canoeing and also Fishing Rod tether£5.80 Select options
Andes Inflatable/Blow Up Two Person Kayak/Canoe With Paddle Water Sports£49.95 Select options
MoKo Floating Waterproof Case Universal Dry Bag With Armband & Neck Strap parent.£6.98 – £9.99 Select options
The 2018 ‘Best of’ the Best’ awards will include:
- Best of Nature – for the Top100 destination showing global leadership in actively protecting its scenic views, natural habitats and wildlife, and showing respect for animals
- Best of Culture– for Top100 destination showing global leadership in supporting the authentic celebration of local culture and tradition
- Best of Adventure – for the Top100 destination showing global leadership in offering sports & adventure opportunities
- Best of Communities – for the Top100 destination showing global leadership in protecting its social fabric and sense of place, in involving its local community in tourism, and in avoiding human exploitation, human rights violation, and disruptive mass tourism (over-tourism)
- Best of Seaside – for the Top100 Destination showing global leadership in offering beach and water related leisure opportunities
- The Earth Award – the Planet is dying – what are we doing? – for the Top100 destination doing the most to focus tourism on environmental sustainability and minimizing global transport emissions
- Best of Planet– for the Top100 destinations showing international leadership and innovation in responsible and sustainable tourism.Further information on the Top100 Sustainable Destinations HERE: http://greendestinations.org/2017-top100/